time for some anon asks! as always non-anon messages get answered faster because then i can reply to you privately.
1. i think i answered something like this once before, but it’s probably lost in my tumblr somewhere. for lumi i imagine something like a mixture between helena bonham carter and björk. she sounds tired when she speaks. for tristan, i used to imagine someone like matt smith? but i’m not convinced by it haha XD i’d say that his voice changes to something cuter/more childish when he changes into a frog. sindri is the hardest, i’m torn between someone like ron perlman or tom waits and benedict cumberbatch (like smaug maybe??) or tom hiddleston. it’s definitely a bit hoarse and everything he says is pretty deadpan.
2. that’s a really broad question! if you want to know something specific (like this tutorial) i’d be happy to try and help though?
3. i’m half swedish. it’s a weird thing where i can’t speak it but can understand it, depending on how fast someone is speaking/what dialect (with my family it’s mostly småländska). i’ll generally be able to get the gist of what they’re saying, but won’t be able to reply. i can’t write or spell at all >m<
here’s my attempt at hourly comics for this year. last year’s here!
i don’t think i’ll do it again next year, i end up never doing anything because i’ve spent the whole day trying to keep up with the hourlies…i meant to tick off way more on my to do list today…
a gift for my buddy claudetc, because he’s a total bro and helped fix my computer. now i just need it to stay fixed for another half a year… this is his character ghostphones, she is a super cool detective lady! go pester him to get working on a story with her!
want something like this for yourself? commissions are still open!
☆ commissions: currently closed ☆
- A6 - black and white bust - £10
- A4 - black and white bust - £15
- A4 - black and white half-body - £15
- A4 - black and white half-body, two characters - £20
- A4 - black and white full body - £20
- A4 - black and white full body, two characters - £25
- A4 - colour bust - £35
- +£2 to add digital greyscale or digital halftone to b/w
- if you want the original artwork sent to you, shipping/packing costs will be extra.
email me at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss commissions with me.
boring details over here! please have a read.
london super comic con!
i’m going to be at london super comic con with BOOM! studios doing sketches! i’ll also be doing their Adventure Time con variant cover, if you’re around please come and say hello~
some other bits of updates under the cut:
a blind drawing of my cousin’s girlfriend, and then a drawing based on the blind sketch, so it doesn’t really look too much like her anymore, but i liked it enough to post it.
i’m in sweden visiting family at the moment! (hence the crappy phone pictures). i brought my bottle of ink with me so i could draw some hemlock, wrapped it in 3 plastic bags so it wouldn’t spill in my hand luggage, and then when i took it out for security…someone bumped into me and i dropped it. the bottle cracked ;n; maybe i will get someone to drive me to the next town over, there’s no art shop here…
i was looking through the sketchbook i had when i first started hemlock (for something unrelated), but i thought i’d scan a couple of things i still liked to show you guys. man, 2010 feels so long ago!
- i like the idea that sindri is so pale in his witch form that he’s almost blue, like as a night thing he can’t get the concept of melanin quite right. i think that really bright blue was the only blue i had on hand when i drew this though…look at that john bauer crown, dang.
- some ulla ideas, back when i meant for her to be lumi’s sister. i think i changed her hair to black (or dark blue) to differentiate her once i scrapped the sister thing.
- (i just really wanted to scan this kolya face, he looks so upset)